SERVES: 6 People
COOKING TIME: 2 Hours
• 1kg cubed beef • 1⁄4 cup (60ml) oil • 3 onions, chopped • 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 8 potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 100g TOP CLASS Soya Mince Beef & Onion Flavoured
• 1 1⁄2 cups (375ml) of boiling water
• 1 cup (250ml) frozen peas
• 1 x 410g tin baked beans in tomato sauce • 2 sheets of frozen puff pasty, thawed
Fry beef until tender. Remove from the hot pan and set aside.
Using the same pan, brown the onion.
Return beef to the pan and add tomatoes, potatoes, TOP CLASS Soya Mince and water.
____________________________________ Add frozen vegetables and baked beans. Simmer/heat, covered for 1.5 hours.
Spoon the mixture into an oven proof dish and top with store bought ready made puff pastry.
____________________________________ Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes
Add 150g of chopped brown mushroom and 1/2 cup of red wine and a sprig of fresh thyme for a hearty flava!